The Edge 540 is an experimental single engine, single place, aerobatic airplane. It is constructed from a steel tube fuselage and composite wing, empennage and fairings. Powered by a modified Lycoming IO-540EXP engine, the aircraft has exceptional aerobatic performance and is ideal for use in competition aerobatics and airshow displays.
Capable of a 420 degree per second roll rate and a 3,700 foot per minute climb rate, it has been flown to victory on the international Unlimited aerobatics circuit several times since the mid-1990s.
The Zivko Edge 540 is the most common aircraft used in the Red Bull Air Race World Series.
- External Flight Model (EFM) by Aero.
- Detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom cockpit.
- Interactive clickable cockpit.
- Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS).
- Air Racing LED Indicator and LCD Display.
- Aerobatic smoke system.
- Authentic aircraft sounds true to life.
- Customizable onboard music player.
- Additional liveries.
- Photoshop Paint Kit.